All donations large and small are appreciated. To fulfill HFA mission, we hope to provide a nurturing environment to these children to help them be comforted and feel loved.
Recipients will include children in local organizations: Division of Youth & Family Services (DYFS), In Jesus’ Name Charities and York Street Project.
If you’d like to contribute, we have a number of ways to do so:
1) Pajama and Book Program
HFA is collecting new pajamas and new books for disadvantaged children. By providing pajamas and books, we are helping to create a warm and nurturing bedtime environment for vulnerable children and young adults living under difficult circumstances.
Many of these youngsters have been abused or abandoned and in many cases have never enjoyed the simple comfort of having a loving mother or father tuck them in at bedtime. We hope to contribute to a warmer, more loving environment for these children.
Pajamas must be new and unused for all sizes, infant to age 17. Larger sizes are preferred, but all are appreciated!
2) Toy Drive
HFA hopes this event to bring something special to the children (ages infant - 17) and requests all donated gifts be new and unwrapped please.
Any donation of any size brings holiday cheer for a child who may otherwise not have received any gifts. The items are given to families who cannot afford to buy presents, so the children can open a gift that is given to them by a loved one, not a charity.
3) Tax Deductible Monetary Donation to Pajama & Toy Drive
If you wish to make a financial donation, Click the DONATE button below.
100% of donation will be used towards a tax-free purchase of a toy or a pajama. A tax deductible receipt will be generated to you.
How to Donate in Person: Both book & pajama and toy drives will run concurrently and have the same drop off locations:
When: Sunday Nov 29 - Tuesday, December 22 (unless date update below)
Where to Donate- 6 Locations:
- Big Fun Toys, 602 Washington Street (Mon-Sat 10-7pm, Sun 11-6) - Drive will end at Big Fun on Dec 23 – Drive will end at Big Fun on Dec 23 *
- Little City Books 100 Bloomfield Street (Tues - Sat 10 to 8, Sun 10 - 6, Mon 10 - 7)
- Apple Montessori,1055 Maxwell Lane (M-F 7am-7pm)- Drive ends here on Dec 21
- New York Sports Club NORTH, 210 14 St (7:00am-7pm Daily)
- PilsenerHaus & Biergarten, 1422 Grand St (Tues - Fri 4pm-2 am, Sat & Sun Noon to 2 am)
- Diamond Gymnastics, 738 Willow Ave (M & T 3-7pm, W -F 9:45-7pm,Sat 9-12, Sun- closed)
- Tiger Schulmann's Mixed Martial Arts 84 Washington St. (M- Fri 2-10pm, Sat. 9-3)
If your company would like to do a corporate drive, please contact us!
Any questions? - contact email@example.com
HFA truly appreciates your generosity!
The HFA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
All donations are tax deductible to the extent the law allows.