Education Programs Galore for Kids and Families at the Hoboken Museum!
Education Curator Maria Lara has a busy fall planned for local families -- mark these dates in your calendars, and share with your friends who have kids.
- Tomorrow, Wednesday, Oct. 4, area teachers are invited to a free after-school Educators Open House, 3:30 - 6 pm, at the Museum, 1301 Hudson St. Learn about the Museum's new WWI Exhibit-themed education programs, our ongoing education programs tailored for different age groups, and other resources for teachers. Learn more
- New times for Storytimes! Thursday Storytime at the Museum moves to 2 separate sessions, at 10 am and 11 am, starting this week. Pre-registration is required and links will be posted for each session on the Museum's website on Wednesday at 10 am. Sunday Storytime at the Fire Department Museum is moving to 1:30 pm each week. No registration is required. Learn more
- Fall Family Fun Day, Sunday, Oct. 15 from noon - 4 pm, is a great afternoon filled with hands-on, all-ages fun, including crafts, games, refreshments and live entertainment. All are invited, kids, parents, aunts and uncles, and grandparents! Musician and entertainer Ron Albanese, aka Polka Dot, will play fun songs at 1 and 2 pm. The program is free, thanks to our Family Sponsor, Macy's. Learn more
- Starting Friday, Oct. 27, the Museum is introducing a new family program: Kids Night at the Museum! Kids ages 5 and older can ditch their parents for three hours, 6 - 9 pm, and enjoy crafts, snacks and a fun movie at the Museum, starting with the popular "Night at the Museum," starring Ben Stiller as a night guard who witnesses supernatural phenomena at the Museum of Natural History in New York. Two other nights are planned, Nov. 10 and Dec. 1. Reservations are required, and sign-up links are posted on the Museum's Calendar page. The cost is $25 per child, $20 for members' children (members, please call or email Education Curator Maria Lara at 201-656-2240 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the code). Learn more
Mark Your Calendars for More Seasonal Fun:
- Saturday, Nov. 18 is Living History Day at the Museum! From 12 - 3 pm, experience the WWI era brought to life by historic re-enactors in full period costume. Explore the Museum, meet a WWI doughboy, handle historic military gear, and make war-related crafts.
- Sunday, Dec. 10, at 1:30 pm, catch the holiday spirit at our rollicking annual Kids Holiday Concert, a fun, family-friendly sing-along led by Dave Lambert and Howard Olah-Reiken in the Assembly Room on the 2nd floor of the Hoboken Fire Department Museum, 213 Bloomfield St. All ages are welcome (please note: the second floor is not handicap accessible). For information, please call the Hoboken Museum at 201-656-2240. Free! This program is supported by our Family Sponsor, Macy's.