We are so glad to be conducting this for the 10th consecutive year!
Every gift, no matter the size helps spread love, joy & hope to children each year.
To fulfill HFA mission, we hope to provide a nurturing environment to these children to help them be comforted and feel loved.
Recipients will include children in local organizations: Division of Youth & Family Services (DYFS), In Jesus’ Name Charities and York Street Project.
1) Pajama and Book Program
By providing pajamas and books, we are helping to create a warm and nurturing bedtime environment for vulnerable children and young adults living under difficult circumstances. We'll provide new pajamas and books to disadvantaged children, many of whom are waiting and hoping to be adopted.
Many of these youngsters have been abused or abandoned and in many cases have never enjoyed the simple comfort of having a loving mother or father tuck them in at bedtime. Through the Pajama program, we hope to contribute to a warmer, more loving environment for these children.
Pajamas must be new and unused for all sizes, infant to age 17. Larger sizes are preferred, but all are appreciated!
2) Toy Drive
HFA hopes this event to bring something special to the children and are asking that all donated gifts be new and unwrapped please. Toys will be collected for ages infant to 17. Any donation of any size brings holiday cheer for a child who may otherwise not have received any gifts. The items are given to families who cannot afford to buy presents, so the children can open a gift that is given to them by a loved one, not a charity.
You can make a difference by donating today. If you’d like to contribute, we have 2 ways to do so:
A) Tax Deductible Monetary Donation to Pajama & Toy Drive
If you wish to make a financial donation, Click the DONATE button below.
100% of donation will be used towards a tax-free purchase of a toy or a pajama.
**A tax deductible receipt will be generated to you.**
B) How to Donate in Person: Both pajama & toy drives will run concurrently & have the same drop off locations:
When: Friday, December 1 - Friday, December 22 (unless different date listed below)
Where to Donate- 7 Locations:
- Big Fun Toys, 602 Washington Street (Mon-Sat 10-7pm, Sun 11-6) – Drive will end here on Dec 23 *
- Little City Books 100 Bloomfield Street (Tues – Sat 10 to 8, Sun 10 – 6, Mon 10 – 7)
- Apple Montessori,1055 Maxwell Lane (M-F 7am-7pm)- Drive ends here on Dec 20 *
- New York Sports Club NORTH, 210 14 St (7:00am-7pm Daily)
- PilsenerHaus & Biergarten, 1422 Grand St (Tues – Fri 4pm-2 am, Sat & Sun Noon to 2 am)
- Diamond Gymnastics, 738 Willow Ave (M & T 3-7pm, W -F 9:45-7pm,Sat 9-12, Sun- closed)
- Tiger Schulmann’s Mixed Martial Arts 84 Washington St. (M- Fri 2-10pm, Sat. 9-3)
Teen gifts are also needed. Teen items requested are:
- Sports equipment: Baseballs & Gloves, Basketball, Footballs, Soccer Balls, Tennis Racquets & Tennis Balls, etc.
- Art supplies: Colored pencils, Paint brushes, sketch pads
- Games: Board Games, card games
- Jewelry & purses
- Movie Passes
- Gift Cards (Dunkin' Donuts, Game Stop, Panera, Mc Donald's, Old Navy, H&M, Starbucks, etc)
- Makeup, lotion, perfume
- Hats, gloves, socks & Scarves
- Warm clothing