Please join us for our bi-annual FALL Swap. The HFA SWAP has been a Hoboken tradition for over 10 years!
When: Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012
Time: 9-11 am (accepting Drop off items); 12:30-2:30 pm Swap Meet Sales
Location: Hoboken High School, 800 Clinton Street, Hoboken (Cafeteria)
Cost: Free for HFA members; $5 suggested donation for non-members
- We will now be accepting clothing for children of ALL ages- newborn to size 14.·
- PLEASE DROP OFF YOUR ITEMS DURING THE “DROP OFF” PERIOD (between 9-11 am). You will be issued a credit that you can use during the sale from 12:30-2:30 pm. This will help us run the swap more efficiently.
- During this drop off period, you can “check in” and have your hand stamped, so there will be no waiting in line when the swap opens at 12:30 pm.·
- The swap will be closed during 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. to organize the items we have received.
- Please sort and label your clothing donation (e.g. “newborn boy/girl,” “3-6 months boy/girl,” etc.) It will save us valuable time in getting the clothing organized for the swap meet.·
- Kindly do not drop any items off DURING the sale. All drop-offs after 12:30 pm will be considered straight donations and will not receive any credits. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
How Does it Work?
- Bring your items to the swap meet and get credits (before 11:00 am).
- You receive one credit for one item of clothing or multiple credits for larger items such as bouncy seats. You can exchange these credits for clothing, shoes, coats, and toys.
- Larger baby gear items are for cash purchase only.
- If you don’t have any items for exchange or would like to take home more items than you brought, you may purchase items for cash (example: $1 per children’s clothing, $2 maternity clothes, $2 shoes, $1-$10 toys, $10-$20 larger baby gear)
- Any items you bring, in excess of your purchases, will be considered donations and will go to In Jesus Name, York Street Project and other local organizations in need.
- Any items brought in after 12:30 pm will be considered a donation.
What to Bring?
- Children’s apparel – newborn to size 14 (items in gently used condition to new)
- Shoes – New or gently used
- Baby gear (strollers, bouncy seats, diaper bags, high chairs, etc. – please be sure to bring all pieces for these items).
- Toys and children’s books (only complete items with all small parts in a plastic bag taped to toy if applicable, and books with all pages in readable condition only, please).
- Maternity clothes and nursing tops.
- All formula, diapers, medicines, food and other baby essentials will be donated to In Jesus Name Charities and York Street Project.
What is gently used?
- Gently used means that all clothing is like new or has been washed a few times , but in good condition . All clothing where applicable, have all working fasteners/zippers, no storage/smoke odor, no frayed edges / pills, and have seams that are intact.
- Please use your best judgment– -if you do not find it acceptable for your child to wear that clothing, neither will anyone else!
What NOT to Bring?
- Stuffed animals
- Diaper Genies , potty seats, underwear, bathing suits
- No adult clothing (aside from maternity clothing)
If you want to donate but can’t make the swap, have any questions , please contact email@example.com