When: Saturday afternoon, April 27, 2013, 2pm-6pm
Where: The HOPES Auditorium
301 Garden Street
Hoboken, New Jersey 07030
Purchase tickets at http://www.tinyurl.com/
HOPES CAP, Inc. and the Association for Science in Autism Treatment (ASAT) are excited to be co-hosting the 3rd Annual Rock’n 4 Autism Awareness Concert on Saturday, April 27, 2013. Over 100 businesses supported the cause last year and almost $20,000 was raised.
This indoor/outdoor event will be held at HOPES’ Auditorium at 301 Garden Street in Hoboken and will include a variety of entertainment and family-friendly activities (in case of inclement weather, all activities will be held indoors). It will be a wonderful fun-filled afternoon for everyone.
- Attendees will enjoy two sets of Hoboken’s very own Fuzzy Lemons, a popular and family-friendly rock band.
- There wil be a special welcome by Mayor Dawn Zimmer.
- Cindy Vero from KTU radio will serve as a special host for the event. The event will be featured on KTU Cares on Sunday, April 14th and available thereafter as a podcast.
- This event will also include child-centered activities including face painting, games, and activities. There will be some children’s performances.
- This event promotes autism awareness and education about best practices in autism treatment. Resource tables, staffed by knowledgeable parents and professionals from ASAT, HOPES CAP Inc., and the Hoboken Special Needs Parent Group will provide information and take-away materials for those interested.
There are over one million people living with autism in the United States (Current CDC estimates suggest that 1 in 88 children have autism). Each year, countless Hudson County families spend thousands of dollars on unproven treatments for their children with autism. ASAT’s mission is to disseminate accurate information about autism treatments so that all families are able to identify and choose effective, scientifically-validated interventions. HOPES CAP, Inc. is also committed to ensuring that parents access accurate information to help their children realize their full potential. Both organizations believe strongly that children with autism deserve nothing less!
For more details about Rock’n 4 Autism Awareness please visit the R4AA Facebook page. For more information about HOPES CAP Inc., please visit the HOPES website and HOPES Facebook page. For more information about ASAT, please visit the ASAT website and ASAT Facebook page.
Tickets for this fun-filled event can be purchased here (donations can be made on this website as well). Check out the R4AA online auction with almost 50 amazing items to bid upon. If you are a business and would like to sponsor this event or if you would like to volunteer, please contact Lori Renshw at firstname.lastname@example.org or David Celiberti at email@example.com