The following is a list of day cares currently operating in Hoboken (Info as of Summer 2009).
Adventures in Learning
1320 Adams Street
The After School Program consists of four elements. We offer care for students from School Dismissal until 7:00pm, Monday thru Friday and on early dismissal days as well. For closed school days we are open for a full day starting at 8:00am for an additional fee of $50.00 per day.
For early dismissals the charge will be $25.00 per day. If you are interested please see me. Finally, we offer a Summer Camp, which runs for 10 weeks.
Mr. Robert’s After School Program is also open on Saturdays from 5pm-10pm.
A Whole New World
721 Washington Street
Director: Bernard Davidson
201-792-0253 OR 201-792-6921
Hours: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
6wks – 18 months partime $1220 and fulltime $1600 per month
19 months – 37 months partime $1115 and fulltime $1450 per month
38 month to Pre K 4yrs partime $1005 and fulltime $1240 per month
- Part Time is 20 Hours (which hours you use are your choice)
- Rates increase in January
- Wait list NOT based on Full/Part-Time desire
- You do not lose your place on the waitlist if you pass when they call you.
Beyond Basic Learning
1330 Sinatra Drive
336 Sinatra Drive
Executive Director: Zuleika J. Fertullien, MBA, M. Ed.
Hours: 7:30 am to 7:30 pm
Rates: Infants & Toddlers: $1275 – $1875 monthly; Preschoolers: $975 – $1640 monthly
Kindergarten: Scheduled to open September 2010
- Families may select a 2, 3, 4 or 5 day option
- Based on the age group these activities are also included in the fees soccer, movement, puppet shows and music.
- Infant groupings consider the child’s motor skills
- Rolling admissions based on availability
- Flexible summer scheduling
- Multi-child discounts
Bright Beginnings Early Learning Center
659 1st Street
Hours of Operation: 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday – Friday, year round. Flexible enrollment schedules with full-time, limited part-time, and drop-in care openings (on space available basis).
Meals: Two nutritious snacks with juice and milk provided daily. Children bring their own lunch.
Center Highlights: Curriculum Evenings, Parent/Teacher conferences, Family Appreciation Events, Parenting Seminars, Enrichment Activities, Educational Workshops
Security Features: Secure entryways; extensive evacuation policies and procedures.
Ages Served: Center serves 116 children ages 6 weeks to 6 years. The teacher to child ratio meets widely recognized national standards of quality as defined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and the New Jersey Department of Children & Families.
Infant: 6 weeks to 14 months Teacher: Child Ratio 1:4
Toddlers: 14 months to 2.5 years Teacher: Child Ratio 1:5
Preschoolers: 2.5 to 6 years Teacher: Child Ratio 1:10
Program Highlights: An “open door” policy welcomes parents of enrolled children to drop in at any time. The center has been custom-designed to fully meet the child care and educational needs of young children and to maximize learning, ensure safety, and support teacher supervision. The infant room is especially designed for very young children to explore their world in a stimulating, healthy, and safe way with quiet spaces for nurturing. Teachers in the infant and toddler programs provide a caring and supportive environment that gently encourages increasing mobility and exploration. The preschool program provides the same nurturing and support, as well as an exciting environment where children can begin to discover the world around them through language, math, science, art, movement, and music. Integrated drop-in care is open to the community on a space available basis for children 6 weeks to 6 years.
Hoboken Children’s Academy
501 Willow Ave. & 1131 Washington St.
Hours of Operation: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Small, family-oriented centers with maximum of 40 children
- Serves children ages 6 weeks-3 years
- Rolling admissions throughout the year
- Natural/Organic cleaning products
- Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, & Dinner provided daily for children over 12 months. Healthy meals including whole wheat pasta, brown and basmati rice, beans, fresh fruits & vegetables, and organic milk, eggs & yogurt.
- Live-feed webcam available for enrolled parents to view their children while in the center
- Weekly yoga classes included
- Center closes only 11 days out of the year (10 federal holidays & the day after Thanksgiving)
Hoboken Little School
1 Newark Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Serves children 6 weeks-4 years old. Hours are Mon-Fri 7am-7pm. Offers full and part time care. Live streaming video so parents can watch their children from a secure site. Serves breakfast, lunch and a snack daily to children over 12 months. Parents provide dinner. Small class sizes and low teacher to student ratio.
834 Washington Street
Prime Time Early Learning Centers
Hudson Between 4th and 5th
Director: Nicole Olsen
Hours: 6:30 am to 7:00 pm
16hours – $706/month
20hours – $855/month
25hours – $999/month
30hours – $1166/month
35hours – $1340/month
40hours – $1489/month
45hours – $1633/month
50hours – $1729/month
55hours – $1800/month
60hours – $1920/month
2.5 – Kindergarten
16hours – $667/month
20hours – $711/month
25hours – $848/month
30hours – $995/month
35hours – $1100/month
40hours – $1225/month
45hours – $1334/month
50hours – $1400/month
55hours – $1487/month
60hours – $1586/month
- Tuition increases in September
- 10% Sibling Discount (older child)
- Wait List is sorted based on number of hours desired
World of Wonder Daycare Center