Please email HFAadvertising@gmail.com if you see anything missing.
• Art Nest 720 Monroe Street, Hoboken, (646) 688-5478. Art Nest is a creative space free of judgment and criticism offering art classes, workshops, and events for Pre-K to 18 years. Young Artist Workshops and classes are designed to encourage creative exploration, encourage artistic expression, and spark the inner creative abilities that lead to a life-long love of art. The children’s art therapy groups cover a range of topics such as developing social skills, boosting self-esteem, or learning positive coping skills group for children adjusting to a major change, i.e. separated/divorced parents, loss of a loved one, moving to a new community, starting a new school. Art Nest also offers a fun and interactive support group for the brothers and sisters of children with special needs.
• Hoboken Historical Museum 1301 Hudson Street, Hoboken, (201) 656-2240
• Lady Lucas, private lessons in Hoboken or group lessons in Jersey City by published character illustrator Ashley Lucas, firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Key Element Learning offers Art Classes (Paint & Glue; and Little Artist) for 2 to 5 years old. Located at 338 Grove Street (one block away from the GROVE PATH), Jersey City, New Jersey 07302. Call us at 201-200-1160 or visit www.keyelementlearning.
• Urban Arts 720 Monroe Street, Hoboken, studio: (201) 222-5400 or cell (201) 314-5202
• Young Rembrandts, Wednesdays at Lana Santorelli Gallery and Thursday at A Music Space, Hoboken, NJ. (201) 710-7579
Our mission is to raise generations that value the power, the passion and the significance of art. In each week’s new exciting lesson, we use a step by step method that assures every student is a creative success. As we learn and use technical drawing skills, we discover that all complex objects can be broken down into familiar shapes; then use problem solving skills, innovation, and imagination to put them all together into masterpieces!
• Kids at Work- where learning is play! 102 W14th Street and 6th Avenue, NYC. Kids at Work offers drop-in classes, activities, and birthday parties for children ages 0-4 steps away from the 14th Street Path Station in Manhattan. Classes in music and art are creative, flexible, and affordable, as all classes are drop-ins, meaning parents do not have to commit to one class every week, but can register for a number of classes to participate in throughout any given semester.
• Hoboken Montessori School 158 14th Street @ the Garden Street Lofts 201-656-7300. Art at Any Age. (Wednesdays): Children will explore various artists, styles and mediums as they make their way through the people and places of fine art. Specifically designed Montessori materials and activities will encourage the students to learn to recognize the works of famous artists. Children will hear the fascinating stories behind the famous names: Monet, Renoir, Picasso, Matisse, Rothko, Pollack, Seurat and others. They will explore the techniques used to make the famous works they so often see and will have opportunities to employ those techniques creating original and creative pieces of their own. Trips to the Met with your child will never be the same! Classes open to HMS and non-HMS students afterschool from 3:40 pm – 4:30 pm. The following classes will begin the week of October 3rd for 10 sessions per class. All classes are drop-off classes for children 3-6 years of age and are taught by HMS Faculty. Classes are $275 for 10 sessions.
• SchoolPlus Hudson. Mommy and Me Art Classes, Introduction to Art for Preschoolers, “A Journey through Art History” classes for school age children. Every lesson is designed to expose students to new art techniques and concepts and introducing them to various artists and their works while challenging students to think creatively and develop new skills. .. Contact us: 201.844.8535 or email@example.com or visit www.school-plus.com/hudson for more information .
• 101 Discoveries is a parent owned local business whose mission is to bring premier chess and math afterschool enrichment to children grades K-8. *Our Coach *earned the title of chess Master at the age of 12 and has 30 years of experience teaching chess. He also has a B.A. from Yale University and M.S. in Finance from NYU Stern School of Business. He coached US Junior Chess Team at the World Junior Chess Championships and several National and State Elementary, Junior High School and High School champions. Classes are located at the Jersey City Grassroots Community Space on 54 Coles St. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-677-8101. NEW math classes offered at the CASE Museum (80 Grand Street, Jersey City) on Mondays in addition to our chess classes on Wednesdays.
• SchoolPlus Hudson. It is a well known fact that chess develops intelligence. And what is intelligence if not the ability to solve problems? In our chess classes, children learn to play the game and discover that the techniques used to analyze chess situations can also be used, sometimes quite creatively, to grapple with puzzling questions in school and real life. Step by step, children learn various strategical and tactical moves in chess, beginnings and endgames. Students in intermediate and advanced groups learn various combinations featuring queen sacrifices, double attacks, discovered checks, and many other useful tactical elements, or just quiet moves that eliminate the opponent’s potential flight squares. Studying of the “immortal” games of world champions, as well as games of today’s strongest grandmasters, is an indispensable part of our classes. Theoretical knowledge is supported with games in class. Children play the game in every class, against each other and the instructor. Our instructors are rated players and professional chess coaches, many of whom still play in national and international tournaments.
Contact us: 201.844.8535 or email@example.com or visit www.school-plus.com/hudson for more information .
• Bailemos Lets Dance Creative Grove Studio, 1200 Park Avenue, Hoboken. Sally (917) 922-1061 or firstname.lastname@example.org A bilingual creativity program for children. Classes are inspired by a passion for creativity and a love of Spanish language and life. Put these things together and you’re livin “La Vida Creativa”! Introducing Spanish language through latin dance, music and art classes. Classes for 1-8 years.
• Every Little Movement Academy of the Arts Classes held at 301 Bloomfield Street, Hoboken. Francesca Todesco (917) 945-4064 or email@example.com Every Little Movement is a school dedicated to teach dance and theater to children of any age and background. The school, particularly the modern dance and creative movement class, is profoundly inspired by the philosophy of the great mother of modern dance, Isadora Duncan.
• Garden Street School of the Performing Arts 1018 Washington St, Hoboken. 201-683-7078 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our classes are designed specifically for age and level of the students, and our staff is second to none. They are classically trained, certified, and have degrees from some of the finest schools in the world! Garden Street Dance offers everything from classical ballet to hip hop, and everything in between. We start at age 2 through adult, and all ages, styles and levels are welcome.
• Hudson Dance and Movement 80 Hudson Street, Hoboken. Bethany Marc-Aurele (201) 683-4350 or email@example.com Hudson Dance & Movement is Hoboken’s premiere dance and performance school, providing professional dance instruction in an encouraging atmosphere. Training for both those who aspire to a career in dance as well as individuals who are seeking an outstanding artistic and athletic outlet. Dance develops disciplined, intelligent and graceful bodied individuals.
• Monroe Street Movement Space 720 Monroe Street, C-504, Hoboken. Dena (201) 222-8033 or firstname.lastname@example.org Movement, music/language, art, and parent/child classes.
• Cobra Fencing Club 629 Grove Street, Jersey City, NJ 07310, (973) 937-0987.
• Traveling Tumblers Classes held at 124 Grand Street and 301 Garden Street, Hoboken. (732) 302-5850 or email@example.com
• Monroe Street Movement Space 720 Monroe Street, C-504, Hoboken. Dena (201) 222-8033 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Key Element Learning offers Developmental Movement class for 6 months to 5 years old at 338 Grove Street (one block away from the GROVE PATH), Jersey City, New Jersey 07302. (201) 200-1160 or www.keyelementlearning.
• Work It Out 603 Willow Avenue, Hoboken. Noel email@example.com
• MIMI Kids Yoga. Email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. See Mimi Kids Yoga listing under Yoga near the bottom of this page.
• LA Boxing, 316 Sinatra Street, Hoboken 201-332-IBOX (
• Tiger Shulmann’s Karate 84 Washington Street, Hoboken, (201) 792-5425.
• Mandarin Together Fun Martial art and karate classes in Hoboken and Jersey City. Contact 201-876-0131 or email@example.com
• Padilla Sport Taekwondo 603 Adams Street, Hoboken. Master Kevin Padilla (201) 656-0990 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Padilla also offers adult kickboxing classes as well as Kung Fu.
• KungFu class for children with Shifu Rosado, World Champion. Taught in English at Mandarin Together, Fun. 601 Park Avenue, Hoboken. (201) 876-0131 or www.MandarinTogetherFun.org
•TaiChi class for adults with Shifu Rosado, World Champion. Taught in English at Mandarin Together, Fun. 601 Park Avenue, Hoboken. (201) 876-0131 or www.MandarinTogetherFun.org
• Club KO 900 Madison Street, Hoboken. (201) 963-7774 or email@example.com Classes are Wednesdays and Fridays at 3:30pm to 4:15pm for 4-7 year olds and 8-12 year olds. The classes are at a location above ShopRite and they are drop off – get your grocery shopping done while your kids work out! For adults, Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:15am with onsite babysitting.
• Creative Groove Studio (Spanish) 1200 Park Avenue, Hoboken. Sally (917) 922-1061 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Be Smarter Be Lingual (Chinese, French, Spanish) Hoboken classes held at BAMA Galleries, 946 Bloomfield Street, at 10th Street. (201) 656-4089 or email@example.com
• Mandarin Together Fun (Chinese) Classes in Hoboken and Jersey City. Contact 201-876-0131 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Let’s Play in Italian (Italian) Contact 732-558-4781 or email@example.com. Classes meet at 720 Monroe Street – 5th Floor C-504.
• KINDER-German (German) Stories, Art & Fun! Creative storytelling, songs, games, art and science projects build memories of German language and culture. Lessons cover early literacy, experimentation, movement and include an exciting craft. Taught by illustrator & mom Nicola. Children 3-6yo (and their parents) learn German easily ! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Classes held at Symposia Bookstore, 510 Washington Street, Hoboken.
• German Language Autobahn (German) Learn German Fast!!! Full Immersion German Classes for Babies, Children and Adults.. Classes are taught by native certified German teacher from the Hudson School. Interested? Email email@example.com or call (646) 327-5414. For more information check www.germanlanguageautobahn.com
• Hoboken Language Art We teach French, Italian and Chinese in group classes and in private on request with real native tutors and real life situations. Classes meet at Monroe Center for the Arts, 720 Monroe Street, Studio C414. www.HobokenLanguageArt.com
• Key Element Learning provides the Learning Workshop For Children classes in Spanish, Italian, French and Chinese for children ages newborn to 12 years. Register now and receive 10% Off. The Fall Semester Starts September 19th. Located on 338 Grove Street Jersey City NJ 07302. www.keyelementlearning.com
• SchoolPlus Hudson (English): Reading Comprehension for 1st-2nd grade students and Creative Writing classes for 3rd – 8th grade students. SchoolPlus Hudson (Russian): Russian for Russian heritage speakers (Mommy and Me, PreK Enrichment, Reading/Writing/Conversational, Sing Along, Drama), Russian as a second language classes for children and adults.
Contact us: 201.844.8535 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.school-plus.com/hudson for more information.
• Bricks 4 Kidz® is excited to be offering after-school enrichment classes, camps, field trips, birthday parties and many SUPER FUN activities to families in Hoboken, Union City, Weehawken and West New York.
Our programs provide an extraordinary atmosphere for students to build unique creations, play games, and have loads of fun using LEGO® bricks. The activities are designed to trigger young children’s lively imaginations and build their self-confidence. Children work with exciting themes such as machines, outer space and mosaics. We also have Mommy & Me, and Kidz Night Out. Please visit www.bricks4kidz.com/newjersey-unioncity-hoboken/ for more information or contact 201-747-7070.
• SchoolPlus Hudson. Mathematics Classes for K-8th grade students. Classes are taught using “Singapore Math” as the main method. The Singapore Math method emphasizes understanding of a problem and its solution rather than the “memorize and drill” approach often employed by other methods. It encourages development of such essential yet critically important skills such as logic, critical thinking and problem solving. Small classes, individualized approach, advanced and remedial groups, test preparation.
Early Logic: The Early Logic Class aim to help very young children develop their thought process, which is the main foundation of learning readiness. It encourages development of such essential yet critically important skills such as logic, critical thinking and problem solving in a fun and creative way.
Contact us: 201.844.8535 or email@example.com or visit www.school-plus.com/hudson for more information
Music Classes for Toddlers
• A Little Day Music, an original Mommy and Me music class for babies under 24 months old. All classes have live guitar music and developmentally appropriate songs with toys, puppets, musical instruments, finger play and more! This mommy and me class offers a full program of traditional nursery rhymes and songs that have been adapted for a richer learning experience. Highly interactive and full of smiles and fun, every class is a drop in and explores a wide variety of musical styles ranging from country and rock to Beatles. Also offer classes in Spanish.
A fun experience for your little one and a great way for you to make new friends! For more information, check out alittledaymusic.webs.com, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646 498 2406.
• Creative Groove Studio Classes in music, art, dance and drama for babies to 10 years.
• Guitar Bar Jr. Offering lessons for all ages and levels from the best teachers in the area. In addition, our Kids Rock Music Classes are group lessons for children 1 to 4 1/2 years-old. Four different and fun classes: Sonic Uke, Rhythm & Kazoos, Beatle Juice, and It’s a Small World explore melody, beats, and harmony while rocking out out on ukuleles, rhythm sticks, kazoos, The Beatles. world music, and more! Check out www.guitarbarjr.com for more details.
• Little Ustaads (Indian Classical Music). Various locations in Jersey City, NYC and NJ. 773.744.1662 email@example.com
• Kids at Work 102 W14th Street and 6th Avenue, NYC
• Kindermusik comes to Monroe Center. Kindermusik is an international program that uses music and movement to encourage and promote cognitive, emotional, physical, social and creative development in children ages 0-7. Contact Miss Yvonne at 917-975-4580 or yvonne.roen@gmail to sign up. To find out more about Kindermusik, visit atmissyvonnes.com. Classes ongoing. Saturday classes begin in April.
• Kid’z Musik – Kid’z Musik is a complete Performing Arts Class for Kids – Devotion Yoga
#4 14th Street, Hoboken. Thursdays 10:45am. Join us in a journey of rhythm, melody, and harmony utilizing Costumes/Instruments/Props from all over the world! Cameras Welcome! Appropriate for Babies and Toddlers. Contact Joe: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Musicology Musicology is a class where children and their caregivers explore traditional favorites and contemporary tunes together. It’s about having fun while exposing your child to new sounds, rhythms, rhymes, and finger plays. Your child will enjoy dancing, playing, singing, and socializing with other kids in this fun filled music class. They will get to role play and be animals, learn a new action rhyme, play with scarves, shaky eggs, instruments, and catch bubbles. Songs are not only fun but are essential to your child’s language development.
• Music for Aardvarks Music for Aardvarks is a refreshing alternative to the traditional music class for kids. With influences of rock, blues, ballads, folk, jazz and pop, Aardvark songs uniquely reflect and celebrate the lives of children growing up today. The music is innovative, intelligent, and irresistibly appealing to both kids and their grownups. Our informal, spirited classes are geared toward children 3 months to 5 years old and incorporate singing, dancing, musical storytelling, instrumental jam sessions and more. It’s an interactive musical experience that the whole family can genuinely get excited about!
• Music Together Music classes for infants and toddlers.
Music Together is an internationally recognized early childhood music and movement program for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and the adults who love them. First offered to the public in 1987, it pioneered the concept of a research-based, developmentally appropriate early childhood music curriculum that strongly emphasizes and facilitates adult involvement.
Music Together classes are based on the recognition that all children are musical. All children can learn to sing in tune, keep a beat, and participate with confidence in the music of our culture, provided that their early environment supports such learning.
• Preschool of Rock Preschool of Rock offers a unique, musical curriculum for children and their families. Each PoR class or show is a roof raising celebration. We deliver a cerebral experience filled with exciting and intelligent programming.
• SchoolPlus Hudson: Mommy and Me Music, Music Introduction to Toddlers classes
Our Music and Movement classes for toddlers and preschoolers are based on the Dalcroze Music and Movement Method. It begins by developing basics of rhythm, pitch, tempo, dynamics and other beginner’s music skills; loco motor skills (skipping, galloping, running, etc.) and a kinesthetic sense. The Dalcroze approach incorporates rhythmic movement and aural training, as well as physical, vocal, and instrumental improvisation. Children begin to learn the basics of music through what they love most: walking, running, skipping, singing, and playing instruments. Playful singing and rhythmic and loco motor activities teach musical concepts such as fast and slow, high and low, loud and soft, using the universal language of music. The students use their innate creativity to represent nature, animals and other forms to the piano improvisations. As students develop their listening skills and begin to understand rhythm, they creatively translate music into structured movement and song with props and percussion instruments. Dramatic play is a very important part of a program. The children learn how to listen to the music and express what they hear through acting, singing and creatively moving.
Contact us: 201.844.8535 or email@example.com or visit www.school-plus.com/hudson for more information.
Music Lessons for School-Aged Children
• A Music Space. 503 Third Street, Hoboken. 201-795-4300. Email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lessons in Voice, Guitar & Piano are taught by professional working musicians. Creative seminars, sessions and clinics are offered from song writing to audition technique, playing with musicians to music theory. Check our class schedule for current and future class offerings. A Music Space is also an inspiring rehearsal space, unique art gallery and intimate performance venue. Check out events for upcoming events.
• Dieckow School of Music. 201-798-8758. No. 2 Marine View Plaza, Suite 15-E, Hoboken. (201) 798-8758 or email@example.com.
• The Drum Den, located in the Neumann Leather Building on Observer Highway just opened… offering lessons to kids of all ages!
Contact Pete@thedrumden.com for information on class times and availability.
• Garden Street Music 1018 Washington St, Hoboken. 201-683-7078 or firstname.lastname@example.org Garden Street Music offers private piano, guitar, voice, violin, drums and bass lessons for children and adults. Classes are designed specifically for the individual student and consist of music theory, technique, reading music, ear training, improvisation soloing, song writing and much more. Styles include: Pop, Rock, Jazz, Blues, Classical, Opera, Folk, Funk, Bluegrass, Broadway, Contemporary, etc. Taught by professional and certified teachers with degrees in music and sound recording. Song writing can be added to every class. Special workshops and performances are offered and students can record in an state-of-the-art recording studio.
• Guitar Bar 160 First Street, Hoboken, (201) 222-0915. Hoboken’s famous Guitar Bar has been offering lessons in guitar, piano, bass, drums, violin, banjo, mandolin, lap steel, ukulele, and voice for all ages, levels, and styles since 1996. The best teachers in the area tailor your private lesson to your interests and goals. We also sell instruments to help you get started, and our monthly discount rates make it very affordable.
• Hoboken Montessori School 158 14th Street @ the Garden Street Lofts 201-656-7300. Composers for Kids (Mondays): Children will explore the life and works of a well-known composer each week. Through the use of specifically designed Montessori materials and activities students will come to appreciate the works of famous composers from all over the world. Children will hear the fascinating stories behind the famous names: Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Debussy, Gershwin, Joplin and others…. They will learn the nomenclature associated with orchestras and various instruments. They will have opportunities to explore movement and listening techniques. The children will create music of their own as they practice expressing themselves with beats and sounds the music evokes. Understanding the stories behind the music will enable the children to tell their own story using even the simplest of instruments. Classes open to HMS and non-HMS students afterschool from 3:40 pm – 4:30 pm. The following classes will begin the week of October 3rd for 10 sessions per class. All classes are drop-off classes for children 3-6 years of age and are taught by HMS Faculty. Classes are $275 for 10 sessions.
• Hoboken School of Music 720 Monroe Street E-502, Hoboken. (201) 798-2600 or email@example.com
Located along River Road in Guttenberg. Free Parking. Provides Singing and Piano Lessons. Viva La Diva – Group classes for girls, ages 5-10. Piano Achievers – Makes piano study social for students who also take private piano lessons; focus on fun and performance with music theory games, composer study, and ensemble music-making! Includes enrollment in Carnegie Hall’s National Achievement Program and extra performance opportunities.
Toddler Class/ Movement
• The Jersey Beans 201 9th St. Jersey City, NJ 07302. A Jersey City drop-off play space for toddlers where arts, music, storytelling and play happens all-in-one. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Kaplan Cooperative Preschool 115 Park Avenue, Hoboken, 201-659 4000. Toddler 2′s class Tues-Thurs 9:30-11am.
• Kids at Work 102 W14th Street and 6th Avenue, NYC
• Monroe Street Movement 720 Monroe Street C-504, 5th Floor, Hoboken, 201-222-8033. email@example.com
• Romparoo 537 Park Avenue, Hoboken. (201) 653-3232 or firstname.lastname@example.org Romparoo is Hoboken’s super-safe, super-clean playroom where you and your child can sit back, have fun and meet new friends.
• The Jersey Beans 201 9th St., Jersey City, NJ 07302. A Jersey CIty drop-off play space for toddlers where arts, music, storytelling and play happens all-in-one. For more info, email email@example.com.
• Key Element Learning maintains modern facilities that are clean, safe and cozy at all times, and utilizes creative, up-to-date, fun and skill-building curricula. We also host weekday and weekend birthday parties and play dates at 338 Grove Street Jersey City NJ . (201) 200-1160 or www.keyelementlearning.
• Kidville 1202 Shipyard Lane (corner of 12th), 201-377-5495. Kidville also offers children enrichment classes like gymnastics, art and music.
• Wild at Play 125 River Drive, Jersey City, NJ 07310. 201-333-4244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Puppetonia Land of Music and Puppets. Highly interactive, entertaining and educational puppet shows for children. The shows incorporate important social skills, early academics, thinking skills, motor skills, and self-expression. The music is fun and upbeat, and the children are encouraged to move to the rhythm, follow verbal instructions, practice sequential movements, and have a great time. The puppets are friendly and cuddly, bringing to life old bedtime stories or funny incidents that the children encounter in their daily lives.
• M Avery Designs Fashion Lab Afterschool Sewing, Crafting & Fashion Program.
For Kids ages 5-7 we offer Handsewing & Crafting Classes.
For Kids age 8 & up we offer afterschool machine Sewing & Fashion Design Classes.
More info at www.maverydesigns.com or 201-876-1198.
• Bayonne Blades Skate School.
Mailing Address, Bayonne Blades Skate School, 38 Edwards Court, Bayonne, New Jersey 07002
Rink Address, Richard Korpi Ice Rink, 29th Street & Avenue A, on the grounds of BHS.
Bayonne Blades Skate School offers learn-to-skate programs for both the aspiring figure skater and hockey player. Whether you are 3 years old or 63 years old, beginner or advanced, we have the class for you. Co-owners, Donna Liana & Danielle Eakins are excited to back on the ice this September. Their friendly and knowledgeable coaching staff is ready to “get you gliding” again this season. A wide variety of classes are available. 201-437-8602 or email@example.com.
• Stevens Aquatics Castle point on Hudson, Hoboken (201)-216-5590. Offers swim lessons for children, from infant and parent swim up to age 12. Give your children the opportunity to learn how to swim. Sessions are offered throughout the year.
• The Hoboken Swim School will be a 6 week program starting on July 9th and will run through August 17th. Classes will be held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from either 8am to 9am or 9am to 10am. The program will be open to children 6 months old and up and you can register and pay for the Hoboken Swim School at www.hobokenswimschool.com.
• Sky Club
• Brave Bright Theater Kids Acting Fun and Improv, Ages 4-10
Held at the Bama Galleries, 946 Bloomfield St., Hoboken, NJ
Children will warm up their bodies and voices each class, learn challenging tongue twisters, play improv games, learn songs, and have a chance to perform in front of each other and work on dialogues amongst each other to build self-esteem and communication.
• Garden Street School of the Performing Arts 1018 Washington St, Hoboken. 201-683-7078 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Garden Street Acting offers private and group Acting and Musical Theater classes for all ages, styles and levels. We will hold in-house performances in our beautiful, 3000 square foot performance space, as well as venues throughout NYC and Hoboken.
• Hoboken Children’s Theater Classes meet at 720 Monroe Street, 2nd floor, Hoboken
• Storytelling and Theater Francesca Todesco (917) 945-4064 or email@example.com
• Mile Square Theater Monroe Center, 720 Monroe Street #E202, Hoboken, (201) 208-7809
• Devotion Yoga 79 Hudson Street, Hoboken, (201) 610-9642. Itsy Bitsy Yoga & Kids Yoga Series. Itsy Bitsy Yoga was created by Helen Garabedian an infant developmental educator and yoga teacher. The program includes over 75 calming & nurturing yoga poses and rhymes that are developmentally nutritious for a baby from birth to 24 months and a parent. For ages 3-11, Kids Yoga’s developmental curriculum honors yoga as its foundation and incorporates song, storytelling, games, creative movement, breath-work, and relaxation.
• MIMI Kids Yoga. Email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Since 2009 MiMi Kids yoga has been providing Hudson County with the best in Kids Yoga education. We pride ourselves in creating innovative programs while remaining true to the fundamentals of yoga teaching. Conveniently located right in the heart of Hoboken; our studio offers yoga classes for newborns all the way up through teens. We are also offering a wide range of gymnastics classes. Our experienced, nationally accredited, multilingual staff provides an engaging and nurturing environment for your children.
The goal of MIMI Kids is to create a safe and loving environment for children to learn and grow. Healthy kids are happy kids and yoga is a great way to nourish them mind, body and spirit.
• Hoboken Library Story Time 500 Park Avenue (201) 420-2348. Music and storytime events. Call for detailed information and to register. Free, but child must have their own library card.
• Hoboken Historical Museum Uptown Storytime at 10am every other Thursday
• Hoboken Montessori School 158 14th Street @ the Garden Street Lofts 201-656-7300. Kids in the Kitchen (Tuesdays): Each week, the children will learn to safely and correctly prepare food independently. Use of a grater, certain cutting utensils, peelers as well as specific methods of mixing, blending and baking will be explored. The children will learn the origin of various everyday foods allowing them to understand the importance of nutrition and thought in their daily diets. Simple recipes will be developed and shared. Independence in the kitchen is the first step to a discriminating pallet! Classes open to HMS and non-HMS students afterschool from 3:40 pm – 4:30 pm. The following classes will begin the week of October 3rd for 10 sessions per class. All classes are drop-off classes for children 3-6 years of age and are taught by HMS Faculty. Classes are $275 for 10 sessions.
• Key Element Learning offers kids cooking class: mini chefs-in-training. Kids prepare delicious, healthy, seasonally inspired dishes in this hands-on, culinary arts immersion class. Kids explore culture and cuisines by measuring, mixing ingredients, and creating dishes from around the world! Part art class by colors and shapes, part math class by measurement, part really good lunch which you will enjoy eating, your child will have a greater appreciation for making food and tasting something new. (201) 200-1160 or www.keyelementlearning.
DISCLAIMER: The HFA website contains listings from various classes, activities and vendors that should not be considered recommendations. All information is deemed accurate, but is subject to change. HFA assumes no liability for posting information. Families are encouraged to do their due diligence before engaging an entertainer or signing up for an activity.
• CLOSED Little Detectives Classes held at Symposia Bookstore, 510 Washington Street, Hoboken. Jim Butler (201) 452-0317. Imagine Tomorrow’s unique approach takes fundamental literacy concepts and brings them to life for children by immersing them in a story where they become the main character. Every class combines interactive video and exclusive software in a proprietary format that allows children to work in a group setting, yet advance at their own pace on their own laptop. Small class size guarantees individual, hands-on attention.