Please email HFAadvertising@nullgmail.com if you see anything missing.
• Art Nest 720 Monroe Street, Hoboken, (646) 688-5478. Art Nest is a creative space free of judgment and criticism offering art classes, workshops, and events for Pre-K to 18 years. Young Artist Workshops and classes are designed to encourage creative exploration, encourage artistic expression, and spark the inner creative abilities that lead to a life-long love of art. The children’s art therapy groups cover a range of topics such as developing social skills, boosting self-esteem, or learning positive coping skills group for children adjusting to a major change, i.e. separated/divorced parents, loss of a loved one, moving to a new community, starting a new school. Art Nest also offers a fun and interactive support group for the brothers and sisters of children with special needs.
• Hoboken Historical Museum 1301 Hudson Street, Hoboken, (201) 656-2240
• Hugs & Bugs Club: Dress for mess!!! What better way to learn?! Hugs & Bugs Club encourages little ones to explore their world through sensory play, socialization and American Sign Language. These mommy and me classes are grouped into various age groups for ages newborns to toddlers 2 1/2 years old. Each sensory bin/activity is modified for the different age groups for little ones to develop their fine and gross motor skills, build language, socialize and much more. Find our latest schedule and register online at: www.hugsandbugsclub.com or call 201-253-0449
• EatMetal Art Jewelry Gallery/Metals Studio Class projects will be a mix of jewelry or small objects. Kids will be taught basic knowledge of jewelry/ metalsmithing tools and a variety of materials. Class will focus on learning wire forming, cold connection, resin, found objects, stamping, texturing, rivets and more…And You Bring Your Bling Home! Classes available for adults too! 720 Monroe St Suite E511, 201.926.9620. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Key Element Learning offers Art Classes (Paint & Glue; and Little Artist) for 2 to 5 years old. Located at 338 Grove Street (one block away from the GROVE PATH), Jersey City, New Jersey 07302. Call us at 201-200-1160 or visit www.keyelementlearning.
• Urban Arts 720 Monroe Street, Hoboken, studio: (201) 222-5400 or cell (201) 314-5202
• Young Rembrandts, Wednesdays at Lana Santorelli Gallery (201) 710-7579
Our mission is to raise generations that value the power, the passion and the significance of art. In each week’s new exciting lesson, we use a step by step method that assures every student is a creative success. As we learn and use technical drawing skills, we discover that all complex objects can be broken down into familiar shapes; then use problem solving skills, innovation, and imagination to put them all together into masterpieces!
• Kids at Work- where learning is play! 102 W14th Street and 6th Avenue, NYC. Kids at Work offers drop-in classes, activities, and birthday parties for children ages 0-4 steps away from the 14th Street Path Station in Manhattan. Classes in music and art are creative, flexible, and affordable, as all classes are drop-ins, meaning parents do not have to commit to one class every week, but can register for a number of classes to participate in throughout any given semester.
• Hoboken Montessori School 158 14th Street @ the Garden Street Lofts 201-656-7300. Art at Any Age. (Wednesdays): Children will explore various artists, styles and mediums as they make their way through the people and places of fine art. Specifically designed Montessori materials and activities will encourage the students to learn to recognize the works of famous artists. Children will hear the fascinating stories behind the famous names: Monet, Renoir, Picasso, Matisse, Rothko, Pollack, Seurat and others. They will explore the techniques used to make the famous works they so often see and will have opportunities to employ those techniques creating original and creative pieces of their own. Trips to the Met with your child will never be the same! Classes open to HMS and non-HMS students afterschool from 3:40 pm – 4:30 pm. The following classes will begin the week of October 3rd for 10 sessions per class. All classes are drop-off classes for children 3-6 years of age and are taught by HMS Faculty. Classes are $275 for 10 sessions.
• AlphaMinds Academy. Mommy and Me Art Classes, Introduction to Art for Preschoolers, “A Journey through Art History” classes for school age children. Every lesson is designed to expose students to new art techniques and concepts and introducing them to various artists and their works while challenging students to think creatively and develop new skills. .. Contact us: 201.844.8535 or email@example.com
• Paintbugs - let’s get messy, be creative and have fun! Paintbugs is a children’s art enrichment program educating and empowering children 4-12 yrs of age through art education in Jersey City, Hoboken and Newport. Each Paintbugs lesson provides children the opportunity to learn and explore various art mediums including materials not used in every day art classrooms. Join us this summer with Art in the Park every Tuesday, registration is required as space is limited. To register click here. Private and group lessons are ongoing seen here. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or go towww.paintbugs.com for additional information.
• Paint with Sheri Art School. (732) 299-5488. Even if you can’t draw a straight line, you can learn how to paint. Over 30 years of painting experience has led artist Sheri Alimonda to an exciting career as an artist, but it’s her love of sharing her technique that will engage students.
• Children explore using multiple kinds of mediums and applications within the wide world of art and paper crafting. We arrange the classes by age group so that the children are working alongside peers and develop the curriculum to be age and skill appropriate. 720 Monroe St., Hoboken. email@example.com or 201-683-5900. www.crop-shop.com
• 101 Discoveries is a parent owned local business whose mission is to bring premier chess and math afterschool enrichment to children grades K-8. *Our Coach *earned the title of chess Master at the age of 12 and has 30 years of experience teaching chess. He also has a B.A. from Yale University and M.S. in Finance from NYU Stern School of Business. He coached US Junior Chess Team at the World Junior Chess Championships and several National and State Elementary, Junior High School and High School champions. Classes are located at the Jersey City Grassroots Community Space on 54 Coles St. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-677-8101. NEW math classes offered at the CASE Museum (80 Grand Street, Jersey City) on Mondays in addition to our chess classes on Wednesdays.
• AlphaMinds Academy. It is a well known fact that chess develops intelligence. And what is intelligence if not the ability to solve problems? In our chess classes, children learn to play the game and discover that the techniques used to analyze chess situations can also be used, sometimes quite creatively, to grapple with puzzling questions in school and real life. Step by step, children learn various strategical and tactical moves in chess, beginnings and endgames. Students in intermediate and advanced groups learn various combinations featuring queen sacrifices, double attacks, discovered checks, and many other useful tactical elements, or just quiet moves that eliminate the opponent’s potential flight squares. Studying of the “immortal” games of world champions, as well as games of today’s strongest grandmasters, is an indispensable part of our classes. Theoretical knowledge is supported with games in class. Children play the game in every class, against each other and the instructor. Our instructors are rated players and professional chess coaches, many of whom still play in national and international tournaments. Contact us: 201.844.8535 or email@example.com
• Bienvenue Dance center. Monroe art center. 720 Monroe st, unit E420.• Ballroom and Latin dance lessons for kids of all ages, starting 5 years old. Rumba, cha – cha, waltz, tango, swing etc. We are happy to announce about our new beginner class, every Monday at 5pm. All our instructors are certified teachers and world known dancers. Please call 9736668755 or e mail us if you have any questions. Bienvenueballroomm@nullgmail.com or you can visit our web site at www.bienvenueballroom.com• Every Little Movement Academy of the Arts Classes held at 301 Bloomfield Street, Hoboken. Francesca Todesco (917) 945-4064 or firstname.lastname@example.orgEvery Little Movement is a school dedicated to teach dance and theater to children of any age and background. The school, particularly the modern dance and creative movement class, is profoundly inspired by the philosophy of the great mother of modern dance, Isadora Duncan.
• Garden Street School of the Performing Arts 1018 Washington St, Hoboken. 201-683-7078 or email@example.com. Our classes are designed specifically for age and level of the students, and our staff is second to none. They are classically trained, certified, and have degrees from some of the finest schools in the world! Garden Street Dance offers everything from classical ballet to hip hop, and everything in between. We start at age 2 through adult, and all ages, styles and levels are welcome.
• Kinderdance® programs are taught by certified instructors who specialize in teaching dance, motor skills, gymnastics and creative movement to young children. Our emphasis is on Early Childhood Development (ages 15 months – 5 years old), with specialized beginning dance and fitness programs for young children (ages 6 – 9), and an age appropriate fitness program for tweens (ages 9 – 12) making our programs and teachers unique and special. Kinderdance® programs blend a variety of physical skills with educational concepts and stress development of physical and language skills, creative thinking, problem solving, language development, expanding imagination and socialization, while building self-confidence and positive self-esteem. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-320-5749 for a FREE demonstration.
• MST Dance Academy specializes in pre-professional-level training in Ballet, Modern Dance and Theater Dance, and is staffed by working professional dancers. Emphasis is placed on alignment, technique and purity of form. CLASS LOCATION: Monroe Arts Building, 720 Monroe Street, Hoboken. Parking available in the back of the building. For more information, call Sarah Weber Gallo at 201-923-4045 or email her at admin@
• Next Step Broadway is a dance and performing arts studio for kids ages 2 & up! With professional standards (instructors from Broadway and the West End) and a fun family atmosphere, we have classes in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Musical Theater, Acting, Singing, Gym, and even “Boys Only” classes so everyone feels welcome. Classes are available Monday – Saturday, check out Next Step Broadway Classes for our current schedule. Private lessons for Dance, Singing, Acting, or Piano are available by request, at your convenience. For those who live in Hoboken, we are conveniently located just 3 block from the Newport light rail and PATH stations, right next to Hamilton Park. 233 Ninth Street, Jersey City *Online Registration now available HERE. Email: email@example.com or call (201)-706-3025
• Toddler Time offers a variety of dance and fitness classes (from soccer to Zumbini to Indian dance) for 1 through 4 year olds and their caregivers at the Jubilee Center, 601 Jackson Street. Proceeds help support the Jubilee Center’s after school and summer programs. For more information, contact Liana Grey at Toddlertime@nullallsaintshoboken.com
• Studio L Dance, 1125 Maxwell Place, Hoboken. Please call (201) 857-0868 for more information.
• Cobra Fencing Club 629 Grove Street, Jersey City, NJ 07310, (973) 937-0987.
• Diamond Gymnastics, 738 Willow Ave, Hoboken. We are pleased to announce that Diamond Gymnastics Hoboken is now open! We are currently accepting registrations for our 6-week Spring Session and enrolling for Summer Camp and Classes. Please contact us for more information. 201-222-7722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Key Element Learning offers Developmental Movement class for 6 months to 5 years old at 338 Grove Street (one block away from the GROVE PATH), Jersey City, New Jersey 07302. (201) 200-1160 or www.keyelementlearning.
• Next Step Broadway is a dance and performing arts studio for kids ages 2 & up! With professional standards (instructors from Broadway and the West End) and a fun family atmosphere, we have classes in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Musical Theater, Acting, Singing, Gym, and even “Boys Only” classes so everyone feels welcome. Classes are available Monday – Saturday, check out Next Step Broadway Classes for our current schedule. Private lessons for Dance, Singing, Acting, or Piano are available by request, at your convenience. For those who live in Hoboken, we are conveniently located just 3 block from the Newport light rail and PATH stations, right next to Hamilton Park. 233 Ninth Street, Jersey City *Online Registration now available HERE
Contact Email: email@example.com or call (201)-706-3025
• Aikido in Hoboken at 720 Monroe Street, 5th Floor C504 (Movement Space). Children 6-11 years Monday and Friday 5:30-6:15pm. Adults and Teens Monday, Wednesday and Friday 7:00-8:00. Aikido is a unique Japanese martial art based on the principles of universal harmony and non-violence. Aikido practice improves not only physical conditioning, but also self confidence, concentration, intuitiveness, and concern for others. Call 201 792 5785 see hobokenaikikai.com or mandorlacoaching.com
• LA Boxing, UFC Gym, 316 Sinatra Street, Hoboken 201-332-IBOX (4269)
• Tiger Shulmann’s Karate 84 Washington Street, Hoboken, (201) 792-5425.
• KungFu class for children with Shifu Rosado, World Champion. Taught in English at Mandarin Together, Fun. 601 Park Avenue, Hoboken. (201) 876-0131 or www.MandarinTogetherFun.org
•TaiChi class for adults with Shifu Rosado, World Champion. Taught in English at Mandarin Together, Fun. 601 Park Avenue, Hoboken. (201) 876-0131 or www.MandarinTogetherFun.org
• Club KO 900 Madison Street, Hoboken. (201) 963-7774 or firstname.lastname@example.org Classes are Wednesdays and Fridays at 3:30pm to 4:15pm for 4-7 year olds and 8-12 year olds. The classes are at a location above ShopRite and they are drop off – get your grocery shopping done while your kids work out! For adults, Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:15am with onsite babysitting.
• Be Lingual Programs for Schools and Summer Camps. (201) 656-4089
• Learn Language Hoboken- Our mission is to offer an amazing all around language experience. Whether you’re just starting out, or are a seasoned linguist, LLH is the place for you. Come see what we’re all about! We offer Group Classes for Kids and Adults, Private Lessons, and After-School Language Enrichment. Currently Offering: French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese & Arabic. Phone: 201-253-0035 or email: email@example.com
• KINDER-German (German) Stories, Art & Fun! Creative storytelling, songs, games, art and science projects build memories of German language and culture. Lessons cover early literacy, experimentation, movement and include an exciting craft. Taught by illustrator & mom Nicola. Children 3-6yo (and their parents) learn German easily ! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Classes held at Symposia Bookstore, 510 Washington Street, Hoboken.
• German Language Autobahn (German) Learn German Fast!!! Full Immersion German Classes for Babies, Children and Adults.. Classes are taught by native certified German teacher from the Hudson School. Interested? Email email@example.com or call (646) 327-5414. For more information check www.germanlanguageautobahn.com
• Hoboken Language Art We teach French, Italian and Chinese in group classes and in private on request with real native tutors and real life situations. Classes meet at Monroe Center for the Arts, 720 Monroe Street, Studio C414. www.HobokenLanguageArt.com
• Key Element Learning provides the Learning Workshop For Children classes in Spanish, Italian, French and Chinese for children ages newborn to 12 years. Register now and receive 10% Off. The Fall Semester Starts September 19th. Located on 338 Grove Street Jersey City NJ 07302. www.keyelementlearning.com
• MathWizard is an after-school Math and English program. Lessons are offered to students from pre-kindergarten through 9th grade, either at our Learning Centers or through our Mail Program. MathWizard’s study material has been developed based on extensive research of national standards. Each grade of material offers a structured, intuitive, and innovative curriculum. 801 Monroe St., Hoboken NJ 07030. Phone: (201) 253-5522 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• AlphaMinds Academy (English): Reading Comprehension for 1st-2nd grade students and Creative Writing classes for 3rd – 8th grade students. AlphaMinds Academy (Russian): Russian for Russian heritage speakers (Mommy and Me, PreK Enrichment, Reading/Writing/Conversational, Sing Along, Drama), Russian as a second language classes for children and adults. Contact us: 201.844.8535 or email@example.com
• Bricks 4 Kidz® is excited to be offering after-school enrichment classes, camps, field trips, birthday parties and many SUPER FUN activities to families in Hoboken, Union City, Weehawken and West New York.
Our programs provide an extraordinary atmosphere for students to build unique creations, play games, and have loads of fun using LEGO® bricks. The activities are designed to trigger young children’s lively imaginations and build their self-confidence. Children work with exciting themes such as machines, outer space and mosaics. We also have Mommy & Me, and Kidz Night Out. Please visit www.bricks4kidz.com/newjersey-unioncity-hoboken/ for more information or contact 201-747-7070.
• MathWizard is an after-school Math and English program. Lessons are offered to students from pre-kindergarten through 9th grade, either at our Learning Centers or through our Mail Program. MathWizard’s study material has been developed based on extensive research of national standards. Each grade of material offers a structured, intuitive, and innovative curriculum. 1200 Grand Street, C-2 (Corner of 13th and Grand), Hoboken NJ Phone: (201) 253-5522
• AlphaMinds Academy. Mathematics Classes for K-8th grade students. Classes are taught using “Singapore Math” as the main method. The Singapore Math method emphasizes understanding of a problem and its solution rather than the “memorize and drill” approach often employed by other methods. It encourages development of such essential yet critically important skills such as logic, critical thinking and problem solving. Small classes, individualized approach, advanced and remedial groups, test preparation.
Early Logic: The Early Logic Class aim to help very young children develop their thought process, which is the main foundation of learning readiness. It encourages development of such essential yet critically important skills such as logic, critical thinking and problem solving in a fun and creative way.
Contact us: 201.844.8535 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Classes for Toddlers
• Guitar Bar Jr. Guitar Bar Jr. offers lessons for all ages and levels from the best teachers in the area. Karyn Kuhl’s Little RocknRollers Series provides group classes for babies through 4 1/2 years through the week and Saturday. Karyn introduces age-appropriate musical ideas like tempo, notes, and dynamics while playing live on her guitar! Class packages are flexible and sibling discounts are available, too. Find our latest schedule and sign-up online at: www.guitarbarjr.com
• Kids at Work 102 W14th Street and 6th Avenue, NYC
• Kindermusik comes to Monroe Center. Kindermusik is an international program that uses music and movement to encourage and promote cognitive, emotional, physical, social and creative development in children ages 0-7. Contact Miss Yvonne at 917-975-4580 or yvonne.roen@gmail to sign up. To find out more about Kindermusik, visit atmissyvonnes.com. Classes ongoing. Saturday classes begin in April.
• Kid’z Musik – Kid’z Musik is a complete Performing Arts Class for Kids. Kidzmusik at the Hoboken Elk’s Club, 1005 Washington St,. Thursday 10:30-11:15am. Join us in a journey of rhythm, melody, and harmony utilizing Costumes/Instruments/Props from all over the world! Cameras Welcome! Appropriate for Babies and Toddlers. Contact Joe: email@example.com.
• Musicology Musicology is a class where children and their caregivers explore traditional favorites and contemporary tunes together. It’s about having fun while exposing your child to new sounds, rhythms, rhymes, and finger plays. Your child will enjoy dancing, playing, singing, and socializing with other kids in this fun filled music class. They will get to role play and be animals, learn a new action rhyme, play with scarves, shaky eggs, instruments, and catch bubbles. Songs are not only fun but are essential to your child’s language development.
• Music for Aardvarks Music for Aardvarks is a refreshing alternative to the traditional music class for kids. With influences of rock, blues, ballads, folk, jazz and pop, Aardvark songs uniquely reflect and celebrate the lives of children growing up today. The music is innovative, intelligent, and irresistibly appealing to both kids and their grownups. Our informal, spirited classes are geared toward children 3 months to 5 years old and incorporate singing, dancing, musical storytelling, instrumental jam sessions and more. It’s an interactive musical experience that the whole family can genuinely get excited about!
• Music Together Music classes for infants and toddlers.
Music Together is an internationally recognized early childhood music and movement program for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and the adults who love them. First offered to the public in 1987, it pioneered the concept of a research-based, developmentally appropriate early childhood music curriculum that strongly emphasizes and facilitates adult involvement.
Music Together classes are based on the recognition that all children are musical. All children can learn to sing in tune, keep a beat, and participate with confidence in the music of our culture, provided that their early environment supports such learning.
• Preschool of Rock The original Rock music class for kids. Classes Uptown, Midtown and Downtown Hoboken! Real Rock n Roll musicians perform a high energy children’s music class is filled with collaborative drumming, shaking, dancing, laugher, and instrument discovery.
Preschool of Rock offers a unique, musical curriculum for children and their families. Each PoR class or show is a roof raising celebration. We deliver a cerebral experience filled with exciting and intelligent programming.
Ages 6 months to 4 years.
• AlphaMinds Academy: Mommy and Me Music, Music Introduction to Toddlers classes
Our Music and Movement classes for toddlers and preschoolers are based on the Dalcroze Music and Movement Method. It begins by developing basics of rhythm, pitch, tempo, dynamics and other beginner’s music skills; loco motor skills (skipping, galloping, running, etc.) and a kinesthetic sense. The Dalcroze approach incorporates rhythmic movement and aural training, as well as physical, vocal, and instrumental improvisation. Children begin to learn the basics of music through what they love most: walking, running, skipping, singing, and playing instruments. Playful singing and rhythmic and loco motor activities teach musical concepts such as fast and slow, high and low, loud and soft, using the universal language of music. The students use their innate creativity to represent nature, animals and other forms to the piano improvisations. As students develop their listening skills and begin to understand rhythm, they creatively translate music into structured movement and song with props and percussion instruments. Dramatic play is a very important part of a program. The children learn how to listen to the music and express what they hear through acting, singing and creatively moving. Contact us: 201.844.8535 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Drum Den, located in the Neumann Leather Building on Observer Highway just opened… offering lessons to kids of all ages!
Contact Pete@nullthedrumden.com for information on class times and availability.
• Garden Street Music 1018 Washington St, Hoboken. 201-683-7078 or email@example.com Garden Street Music offers private piano, guitar, voice, violin, drums and bass lessons for children and adults. Classes are designed specifically for the individual student and consist of music theory, technique, reading music, ear training, improvisation soloing, song writing and much more. Styles include: Pop, Rock, Jazz, Blues, Classical, Opera, Folk, Funk, Bluegrass, Broadway, Contemporary, etc. Taught by professional and certified teachers with degrees in music and sound recording. Song writing can be added to every class. Special workshops and performances are offered and students can record in an state-of-the-art recording studio.
• Guitar Bar 160 First Street, Hoboken, (201) 222-0915. Hoboken’s famous Guitar Bar has been offering lessons in guitar, piano, bass, drums, violin, banjo, mandolin, lap steel, ukulele, and voice for all ages, levels, and styles since 1996. The best teachers in the area tailor your private lesson to your interests and goals. We also sell instruments to help you get started, and our monthly discount rates make it very affordable.
• Hoboken Montessori School 158 14th Street @ the Garden Street Lofts 201-656-7300. Composers for Kids (Mondays): Children will explore the life and works of a well-known composer each week. Through the use of specifically designed Montessori materials and activities students will come to appreciate the works of famous composers from all over the world. Children will hear the fascinating stories behind the famous names: Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Debussy, Gershwin, Joplin and others…. They will learn the nomenclature associated with orchestras and various instruments. They will have opportunities to explore movement and listening techniques. The children will create music of their own as they practice expressing themselves with beats and sounds the music evokes. Understanding the stories behind the music will enable the children to tell their own story using even the simplest of instruments. Classes open to HMS and non-HMS students afterschool from 3:40 pm – 4:30 pm. The following classes will begin the week of October 3rd for 10 sessions per class. All classes are drop-off classes for children 3-6 years of age and are taught by HMS Faculty. Classes are $275 for 10 sessions.
• SPRINGER MUSIC STUDIO. www.
• Tonal Art Music Center- Chambord Place, 47 Harrison St., Hoboken, NJ 07030. 973-665-2051. Our mission is to give students the tools they need to play the music they love. Founded on the belief that musical training can have a positive impact on many different areas of life, we are dedicated to providing quality, focused, results-oriented lessons to students of all ages. As working musicians, we believe that one of life’s greatest joys is to communicate with others through music and we strive to provide that experience to our students. The serious student will find the resources and guidance they need to achieve their fullest potential. It is our goal to provide a uniquely high level of musical training to the local community.
• VOICE INSTRUCTOR- Please email Mararosesings@nullgmail.com or call (917) 288-9914. Lessons available in your home. Teaching sustainable vocal technique and performance skills for all ages.
Toddler Class/ Movement
• The Jersey Beans 201 9th St. Jersey City, NJ 07302. A Jersey City drop-off play space for toddlers where arts, music, storytelling and play happens all-in-one. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Kaplan Cooperative Preschool 115 Park Avenue, Hoboken, 201-659 4000. Toddler 2′s class Tues-Thurs 9:30-11am.
• Kick & Play, brought to you by the creators of Super Soccer Stars, is a parent-child pre-soccer and movement program specifically designed for toddlers between 12 and 24 months. Individual attention, positive reinforcement, and engaging music help to develop pre-soccer skills that will have your toddlers learning to balance, run, kick and play – all while having a blast! Winter classes starting this January, 2015! Get $25 off now until January 31st, 2015 when you enroll for the winter! Use promo code HFAWIN15. Contact: email@example.com ; 212-877-5425.
• Kids at Work 102 W14th Street and 6th Avenue, NYC
• Romparoo 537 Park Avenue, Hoboken. (201) 653-3232 or firstname.lastname@example.org Romparoo is Hoboken’s super-safe, super-clean playroom where you and your child can sit back, have fun and meet new friends.
• The Jersey Beans 201 9th St., Jersey City, NJ 07302. A Jersey CIty drop-off play space for toddlers where arts, music, storytelling and play happens all-in-one. For more info, email email@example.com.
• Key Element Learning maintains modern facilities that are clean, safe and cozy at all times, and utilizes creative, up-to-date, fun and skill-building curricula. We also host weekday and weekend birthday parties and play dates at 338 Grove Street Jersey City NJ . (201) 200-1160 or www.keyelementlearning.
• Kidville 1202 Shipyard Lane (corner of 12th), 201-377-5495. Kidville also offers children enrichment classes like gymnastics, art and music.
• Urban Jungle Play 1140 Maxwell Lane Hoboken 201-653-4212, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Urban Jungle Play is a unique play space designed to encourage learning through engaging and active play. We offer all day everyday Open Play, Drop Off playgroups, classes, parties and events.
• Puppetonia Land of Music and Puppets. Highly interactive, entertaining and educational puppet shows for children. The shows incorporate important social skills, early academics, thinking skills, motor skills, and self-expression. The music is fun and upbeat, and the children are encouraged to move to the rhythm, follow verbal instructions, practice sequential movements, and have a great time. The puppets are friendly and cuddly, bringing to life old bedtime stories or funny incidents that the children encounter in their daily lives.
AlphaMinds Academy A new Science and Engineering course specifically designed for elementary and middle school students where students engage in working on engineering projects that are based on real-world technologies and problems. This course integrates literacy and social studies with the engineering and science lessons—and help students understand how STEM subjects are relevant to their lives, the lives of others and to our society as a whole. Each lesson consists of research-based, teacher-tested activities that develop creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. Our hands-on, cooperative, project-based engineering activities that integrate with science instruction not only engage children and teach them how to investigate the way scientists work, but also aligns with the National Science Education Standards. Children learn how to form hypotheses, test their ideas, document their experiments, observe the results and make conclusions. Each lesson teaches children how to think and behave like scientists. Exploring topics such as Astronomy, Air and Weather, Energy, Organisms, Solids and Liqiuds, Light and Sound, to name a few, will not only support students when it comes time to learn physics, chemistry and biology, but it will also spark their lifelong exploration of science, technology, engineering and math. Email: email@example.com
• M Avery Designs Fashion Lab Afterschool Sewing, Crafting & Fashion Program.
For Kids ages 5-7 we offer Handsewing & Crafting Classes.
For Kids age 8 & up we offer afterschool machine Sewing & Fashion Design Classes.
More info at www.maverydesigns.com or 201-876-1198.
The Inner Athlete Classes, Birthday Parties and Summer Camp
The Inner Athlete classes are drop-off and are 50 minutes. A six class commitment is required. Ask how you can get your first class free!
The Grand Slam is our signature class! Each class will introduce a new sport(s) in hopes of establishing an early appreciation and interest in many different types of sports. Sports include but are not limited to hockey, basketball, tennis, soccer, t-ball, badminton, track and field, and football. These sports and activities are designed to help your child focus on the basic fundamentals such as throwing, catching, kicking, body awareness, and fair play. All skills and drills are never done in a monotonous fashion. Instead, we teach the skills in fun game settings and promote healthy competition. (973)-919-7232
• Bayonne Blades Skate School.
Mailing Address, Bayonne Blades Skate School, 38 Edwards Court, Bayonne, New Jersey 07002
Rink Address, Richard Korpi Ice Rink, 29th Street & Avenue A, on the grounds of BHS.
Bayonne Blades Skate School offers learn-to-skate programs for both the aspiring figure skater and hockey player. Whether you are 3 years old or 63 years old, beginner or advanced, we have the class for you. Co-owners, Donna Liana & Danielle Eakins are excited to back on the ice this September. Their friendly and knowledgeable coaching staff is ready to “get you gliding” again this season. A wide variety of classes are available. 201-437-8602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Happy FeetHappyFeet uses stories, songs and games to enhance balance, coordination and self-confidence (and of course, soccer skills!). When kids begin HappyFeet, they get the incredible experience of learning at an early age that they can do anything they set their mind to. HappyFeet is the perfect way to encourage kids to learn to try anything and not be afraid of failure! Their self-confidence really soars as they learn to be proud of themselves and their accomplishments. All while learning to enjoy the great game of soccer! HappyFeet offers classes 7 days a week, summer camps, Birthday Parties and Private Events WATCH the new HappyFeet Video!
• Premier Soccer Shop
• Soccer Learning Center
• Super Soccer Stars
• Stevens Aquatics Castle point on Hudson, Hoboken (201)-216-5590. Offers swim lessons for children, from infant and parent swim up to age 12. Give your children the opportunity to learn how to swim. Sessions are offered throughout the year.
• The Hoboken Swim School will be a 6 week program starting on July 9th and will run through August 17th. Classes will be held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from either 8am to 9am or 9am to 10am. The program will be open to children 6 months old and up and you can register and pay for the Hoboken Swim School at www.hobokenswimschool.com.
• Miss Yvonne Swim Lessons Registration for Summer 2015 Swim School is now open! Also offering group and private lessons year-round indoors and outdoors. We can even meet you at your pool! Contact us at email@example.com or 201-600–4640 for more information today!
• Sky Club
Super Duper Tennis teaches kids 3-8 years old the FUNdamentals of tennis in an educational, exciting and positive environment that enhances self-esteem, tennis skills and a love for the game. Kids learn through playing and they play because they want to. Each age group has different needs, so we tailor our classes to make sure each child stays motivated, learns a lot and has tons of fun. We keep a strict 1:4 coach-to-student ratio and our teaching techniques are developed and supported by the USTA (US Tennis Association) using equipment fit for kids (which we provide, racquets and all!). Smaller courts, shorter lighter racquets, and lower bouncing balls – all combined make it easier to learn and love the game. Classes offered at Rue Gym 3rd & Garden, and Grace Church Jersey City 2nd and Erie – all times/details can be found on website, or call Coach Leo at (908) 910-4894.
• Brave Bright Theater Kids Acting Fun and Improv, Ages 4-10
Held at the Bama Galleries, 946 Bloomfield St., Hoboken, NJ
Children will warm up their bodies and voices each class, learn challenging tongue twisters, play improv games, learn songs, and have a chance to perform in front of each other and work on dialogues amongst each other to build self-esteem and communication.
• Garden Street School of the Performing Arts 1018 Washington St, Hoboken. 201-683-7078 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Garden Street Acting offers private and group Acting and Musical Theater classes for all ages, styles and levels. We will hold in-house performances in our beautiful, 3000 square foot performance space, as well as venues throughout NYC and Hoboken.
• Hoboken Children’s Theater Classes meet at Clinton & 14th Street, Hoboken
• Storytelling and Theater Francesca Todesco (917) 945-4064 or email@example.com
• Mile Square Theater Monroe Center, 720 Monroe Street #E202, Hoboken, (201) 208-7809
• Devotion Yoga 79 Hudson Street, Hoboken, (201) 610-9642. Itsy Bitsy Yoga & Kids Yoga Series. Itsy Bitsy Yoga was created by Helen Garabedian an infant developmental educator and yoga teacher. The program includes over 75 calming & nurturing yoga poses and rhymes that are developmentally nutritious for a baby from birth to 24 months and a parent. For ages 3-11, Kids Yoga’s developmental curriculum honors yoga as its foundation and incorporates song, storytelling, games, creative movement, breath-work, and relaxation.
• MIMI Kids Yoga. Email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Since 2009 MiMi Kids yoga has been providing Hudson County with the best in Kids Yoga education. We pride ourselves in creating innovative programs while remaining true to the fundamentals of yoga teaching. Conveniently located right in the heart of Hoboken; our studio offers yoga classes for newborns all the way up through teens. We are also offering a wide range of gymnastics classes. Our experienced, nationally accredited, multilingual staff provides an engaging and nurturing environment for your children.
The goal of MIMI Kids is to create a safe and loving environment for children to learn and grow. Healthy kids are happy kids and yoga is a great way to nourish them mind, body and spirit.
• Hoboken Library Story Time 500 Park Avenue (201) 420-2348. Music and storytime events. Call for detailed information and to register. Free, but child must have their own library card.
• Hoboken Historical Museum Uptown Storytime at 10am every other Thursday
• Hoboken Montessori School 158 14th Street @ the Garden Street Lofts 201-656-7300. Kids in the Kitchen (Tuesdays): Each week, the children will learn to safely and correctly prepare food independently. Use of a grater, certain cutting utensils, peelers as well as specific methods of mixing, blending and baking will be explored. The children will learn the origin of various everyday foods allowing them to understand the importance of nutrition and thought in their daily diets. Simple recipes will be developed and shared. Independence in the kitchen is the first step to a discriminating pallet! Classes open to HMS and non-HMS students afterschool from 3:40 pm – 4:30 pm. The following classes will begin the week of October 3rd for 10 sessions per class. All classes are drop-off classes for children 3-6 years of age and are taught by HMS Faculty. Classes are $275 for 10 sessions.
• Key Element Learning offers kids cooking class: mini chefs-in-training. Kids prepare delicious, healthy, seasonally inspired dishes in this hands-on, culinary arts immersion class. Kids explore culture and cuisines by measuring, mixing ingredients, and creating dishes from around the world! Part art class by colors and shapes, part math class by measurement, part really good lunch which you will enjoy eating, your child will have a greater appreciation for making food and tasting something new. (201) 200-1160 or www.keyelementlearning.
DISCLAIMER: The HFA website contains listings from various classes, activities and vendors that should not be considered recommendations. All information is deemed accurate, but is subject to change. HFA assumes no liability for posting information. Families are encouraged to do their due diligence before engaging an entertainer or signing up for an activity.
• CLOSED Little Detectives Classes held at Symposia Bookstore, 510 Washington Street, Hoboken. Jim Butler (201) 452-0317. Imagine Tomorrow’s unique approach takes fundamental literacy concepts and brings them to life for children by immersing them in a story where they become the main character. Every class combines interactive video and exclusive software in a proprietary format that allows children to work in a group setting, yet advance at their own pace on their own laptop. Small class size guarantees individual, hands-on attention.